Specsavers Ópticas Marbella and Fuengirola have launched a campaign to collect non-perishable food for those in need on the Costa del Sol.
It has joined the Operación Kilo Campaign, thanks to a collaboration with the Costa del Sol’s Food Bank (Bancosol). Bancosol distributes food via charities and associations to help the most vulnerable people in society. They contribute to a network of food banks operating throughout Spain which is currently supplying food to 1.5 million people. Specsavers Ópticas will be collecting food for them until the end of the year.
Bancosol are particularly in need of the following non-perishable foods – oil, milk, tinned foods and meals, beans and pulses. These products can be dropped into Specsavers Ópticas in Fuengirola or Marbella.
You can find them on Avenida Ramon y Cajal 6 in Fuengirola, by the bus station, or on Avenida Ricardo Soriano 12, next to Massimo Dutti. Donations are very welcome in both stores until the end of the year. Visit www.specsavers.es to find your nearest store.
The directors of these opticians are asking for donations of food in return for their free eye test and encouraging anyone who recently had a free eye test to also join the collection and bring in some food to donate between the 27th of November and the end of the year.
Find out more about the important work Bancosol is doing on their website www.bancosol.info or follow them on Facebook @bancosolmalaga
Notes to Editors
- Specsavers is a partnership of almost 2,000 locally-run businesses throughout the UK, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand – all committed to delivering high quality, affordable optical and hearing care in the communities they serve.
- More than 36 million customers are registered with Specsavers and the partnership had a turnover of more than £2.2bn in 2016/17
- Specsavers Opticas supports several charities in Spain locally and nationally, including Lions Club, Red Cross and Banco de Alimentos.
- Specsavers Opticas has been in Spain since 2006 and currently has nine stores; Marbella and Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol, Santa Ponça Mallorca, Calpe, Javea, Benidorm, Guardamar del Segura, La Zenia and Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca.
- More information specsavers.es
Georgina Shaw, PR Representative
Tel: 685 719 136