Speech and Language Services is run by Katie Smith, a fully qualified Speech and Language therapist who provides high quality and evidenced based speech and language therapy services for children up to 18 years old. She can also provide English lessons for speakers of other languages to both children and adults.
She graduated from University College London (UCL) in 2007, with a MSc in Speech and Language Sciences, a BA (hons) Linguistics from UCL in 2002 and a Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certificate in 1999.
Speech and Language Therapy:
Her experience is with a wide range of children in a variety of settings including clinics, homes and schools. She was previously part of a specialist resourced provision within mainstream schools in Southwark, London and she has experience with training teachers and teaching assistants on Speech and Language needs.
She provides tailor made speech and language therapy and can assess and/or deliver therapy for a range of difficulties, including the following:
- Attention and listening difficulties
- Difficulties with understanding and/or using language
- Speech delay or specific difficulties with speech sounds
- Difficulties with social communication, including Autism Spectrum Disorder
She firmly believes in speech and language therapy through fun and building language enriched environments for children at home and at school.
Some of the services offered are:
- Provision to both individual children and schools as a whole
- A quote before committing
- Assessments including screening or more specific assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need and strategies to support development.
- One to one therapy in a setting that is appropriate for your child
- Whole school intervention to support all children in their communication
- Provide teacher and teaching assistant training
- Work closely with families and other professionals
- Support educational target setting and evaluation
- Play a vital role in working directly with the child with specific speech, language and communication needs, as well as support the teachers and teaching assistants and provide necessary training
Katie considers it crucial that all people involved in a child’s life working together to fully support children in reaching their full potential.
Every student is different, and many factors need to be considered; your level, your learning style, how you are most comfortable, your reason for learning English, and more.
What we can guarantee is a learning experience that is inspiring and fulfils your individual preferences. Here are some of the courses we offer:
Conversation and/or written English (adults or children):
Specific business English:
Presentation / public speaking skills:
English Exam preparation:
- Cambridge (KET, PET, First/FCE, Advanced/CAE,CPE)
- Work exams
You can find more information via the website or Facebook or contact Katie using the details below.
LOCATION: Costa del Sol
TEL: (0034) 607 810 404 / (0034) 663 862 802