Duquesa Castle or Sabinillas Fortress as it is also known was built in 1767 to defend the area from the continual pirate invasions. A resident of Seville, Francisco Paulino, financed the construction and the King compensated him by placing him in command of a cavalry company. The engineer Miguel del Castillo was in charge of the design and execution of the project. Today it offers a delightful view of the coast and is also the venue for various events.
LOCATION: Accessed via N340 and then A377 Manilva.
TEL: (0034) 952 126 272